In the days/weeks leading up to the hire, you'll need to ensure that the RV is in good condition, clean and prepared for the hirer.
Consider this list for best practice:
Check engine oil and top up fluid levels
- Check tire tread is safe
- Check brakes and lights are working
- Serviced within 10,000kms
- Check all winding mechanisms are working
- Check battery is charging properly
- Check all electrical appliances to make sure they're working
Clean internally and externally
- Provide a dustpan and broom, cleaning equipment, chemicals for the toilet, cloths so that your hirer is well equipped to maintain cleanliness.
- Park the RV in a spot with lots of space so that you can easily demonstrate things and the client can tow/drive the RV away easily.
- Give yourself plenty of time to do the handover with the customer. Do not rush.
- Ensure that the gas bottles have sufficient gas and/or you're aware of the levels
- Ensure that the motorhome/campervan has a full tank of fuel
Check your Handover Information:
- Make sure you've got mobile phone reception so that you can complete the Pre-hire checklist. If not, then you need to call Camplify to provide an offline (printed) version.
- Have a demonstration routine so that you are consistent each time.
- Write out an itemised checklist of items and make sure they're in the van before the hirer arrives
DOWNLOAD our pre-departure-check lists for owners and hirers